Best Harness for Italian Greyhound | Top Collars for Your pooch
Dogs also need a good hour of physical activity the way we humans do. Taking your pet for a walk or quick play session helps in boosting their energy, uplifting their mood and keeping them healthy. As much as pet owners love taking their little ones out, security is the major concern that comes to their mind. For this, it is essential to invest in good harness or a collar to help keep your dog safe and in control while taking them out. The overall fitting and durability are some of the deciding factors for buying the harness as well as the collar. Today there are many harnesses available for the popular dog breeds that are usually large, but finding a harness for Italian greyhounds, a relatively smaller breed is a task.
Best Harness for Italian Greyhound
As Italian greyhounds are smaller in size and also have a smaller torso, it is vital to find a harness that fits them perfectly. A misfit harness can cause undesired accidents and can also be uncomfortable for your pets. So to help all the fellow pet owners in finding the harness for their little ones, I have made a list of best harness for Italian greyhound dogs along with some options of collars for Italian greyhounds specifically. Go through the list and find the ones that are an ideal fit for your dog.
1. Ruffwear No Pull Dog Harness with Front Clip
One brand that is loved by the pet owners due to its high-quality pet grooming and accessories is Ruffwear. It has a range of harnesses for all dog breeds. This particular harness comes in a quirky orange color, making it easy to recognize. It is durable, comfortable for all-day wear and lightweight. The design of the harness also makes it convenient for the owners to help their dogs wear the harness and remove it. The fabric of the harness is comfortable to wear and it also has a reflective trip that makes it visible even at night. It is equipped with an aluminum v-ring on the center of the back. This ring helps in managing overall weight distribution. The harness also has a reinforced webbing at the chest that aids in providing additional control
- The harness has four adjustment points that help in getting the perfect and customized fitting for your pet.
- It has soft foam-padded strips on the chest and belly panels that provide the dogs with added comfort to distribute the load while running, walking, or resting.
- The no-pull harness is also equipped with two points that can be used to attach the leash.
- This harness also has a pocket for your dog’s ID tag with easy access.
- It is available in five sizes: XXS, XS, S, M, and L. The size XXS will be ideal for Italian greyhounds, but it is suggested to order it after confirming the measurements.
2. ThinkPet Harness for an Italian greyhound
The next option on this list is this harness from the house of ThinkPet. Having a range of harnesses for dogs of all sizes, you can easily find the one that is suitable for your Italian greyhound. The straps of the harness are made from 100% nylon that makes it durable and can withstand the pulling. As the harness has a soft and breathable texture, the pets are comfortable wearing it all day long. There are no unsecured edges that could be harmful to the skin. It also has a sturdy D-shaped ring for attaching the leash. The harness also has an air mesh that helps in keeping the dogs cool on hot days. As it has straps for both neck and chest, it provides complete safety and control over them.
- The harness has adjustable slide straps that help in achieving the custom fit for your pets.
- It is also equipped with an easy release buckle making it convenient for the owners to put on the harness and remove it without any hassle.
- All the edges of the harness are sealed with reflective piping making it visible in the dark and ensuring the safety of dogs all day long.
- The harness is available in attractive and quirky colors such as Neon Green, Neon Orange, Neon Yellow, Neon Pink, and others.
- The metal clip on the harness is made from the high-quality material that ensures its durability and it doesn’t tear out easily.
3. If It Barks Martingale Collar for Italian Greyhound
One of the most searched collars is a martingale collar for dogs, which are also known as limited slip collars. These ones give better control over your pet as it even spreads the pressure around the neck of the dogs. This collar is ideal for owners who want to train their dogs. These collars are designed for breeds like Italian Greyhound having a broader neck structure than their body. The collars are constructing with anti-slip design, thus ensuring the safety of your pets. The company also offers a warranty for the stitching and hardware of the collar. In all, its an excellent alternative for the people looking for a martingale collar for their little ones.
- The collars are made with a comfortable and thin webbing that is made according to the military specifications, making it more durable and sturdy.
- It is decorated using a polyester grosgrain ribbon that makes the collar easy to clean.
- The collars are strong, lightweight and don’t slip on easily as the other collars do.
- There are 12 beautiful color options available for this collar, including blue, red, pink and others.
- It is also equipped with a high-quality buckle that makes it easy to put on and off the collar without any hassle.
4. Dogs My Love Real Leather Dog Collar
This dog collar is a steal at a price it comes for. If your dogs are more comfortable with dog collars instead of harnesses, then you can opt for this leather dog collar for your little one. Its topnotch quality has made this option a top choice among the buyers who are searching for the collars for Italian greyhound dogs. The collar’s topmost layer is made using 100% genuine leather, making it stand out from all the other options. This dog collar is soft, lightweight and comfortable for wearing it all day long. The exotic range of colors available for this collars provides the pet owners with options. It is available in different sizes such as XXS, XS, S, M, and L. Make sure that you take all the measurements of the dog before making the purchase.
- The collars are recommended for dog breeds such as Greyhound, Saluki, Whippet, Lurcher, Deerhound, Dachshund and other breeds having similar neck size.
- It is available in five stunning colors: Toffee, Red, Blue, Pink, and Orange.
- The cushioning of the collar is made using black leather, giving a glossy finish to the collars and making it visible on the grounds easily.
- The collar also has nickel-plated hardware and buckles to put on and remove it.
- The soft cushion lining of the collar ensures the utmost comfort of the pets while wearing the collars.
5. RuffWear Multi-Use Support Dog Harness
Another excellent option from the brand of RuffWear is this harness that is designed anatomically for canines who love adventure. It is also suitable for service dogs, amputee dogs, working dogs, and others. The construction of the harness is pretty sturdy and one can maneuver it easily with the help of the reinforced handle given on the harness. The handles are also padded to provide extra comfort to the owners. The five-point adjustment on the harness aids in achieving a perfect and customized fit for your pet. It also helps in providing the full range of motion to your pooch.
- The harness comes with padded foam straps that provide comfort to the dogs while walking, jogging and other movements.
- It is available in three elegant and different colors: Red, Blue, and Grey.
- The reflective trim of the harness makes it easy to identify at night as well as all day long.
- The rugged and lightweight construction of the harness makes it an ideal option for all-year use.
- This multi-use harness also comes with a light hoop to attach the beacon.
- It also includes two-point for connecting the leash along with an aluminum V-ring.
All the above-stated options are the best options for finding a comfortable harness and collars for your pets. As all the harnesses come with a loop to attach the leash, one can find it convenient to take their little ones for fun adventures with the harness. However, I would suggest you take accurate measurements of your dog’s neck and chest to ensure the proper fit of the harness and collar. I hope this article helps you to finalize the alternative you want to get for your pooch.