Oh, what magnificent dogs pitbulls are! They are supremely loyal, fierce and playful at the same time, and just too much fun to be around! However, it is important that we train them right from the time they are puppies so that they are disciplined and not overly naughty.
Pitbulls have a reputation of being the most ferocious dogs out there, but with proper training, they will not just leap to attack a stranger or someone they pass by. To ensure that you and your mighty dog are safe, you must train the pooch. Everyone loves a dog, and trained dogs are the best!
With the market flooding with training collars for pitbulls, we thought we would help you choose the best. However, we must tell you that there are factors you must consider before picking a leash. For one, pitbulls are large dogs and need a very strong harness. At the same time, you cannot and should not buy a harness that’s too tight because that will cause a lot of pain and suffocation. Also, we are strong believers of positive reinforcement and discourage the use of collars that cause suffering from any kind to dogs.
- Best Training Collar for PitBulls
- 1) Dogtra 1900S ¾ Mile Range 1 Dog Training Collar System
- 2) YogaDog Heavy Duty Dog Harness
- 3) PetLove Dog Harness Soft Leash
- 4) Black Rhino – Ultra Soft Neoprene Padded Dog Collar
- 5) Mighty Paw Neoprene Padded Dog Collar
- 6) Leashboss Long Training Leash with Storage Strap
- 7) Perfect made Dog Leash
Best Training Collar for PitBulls
Now, let’s get straight to the list!
1) Dogtra 1900S ¾ Mile Range 1 Dog Training Collar System
This advanced collar system is an e-collar that works to send stimulation signals to make dogs aware of undesired behavior. They can be controlled from a distance as well, thanks to the remote. Let’s learn more:
- The collars are made with 95% polyester and 5% nylon.
- They are ergonomic and well-designed for a comfortable fit.
- The collars also have vibration mode.
- Stimulation levels range from 0 to 127.
- It is a rechargeable collar, and users report that the charge stays quite long. Only the first charge may take a few extra hours.
2) YogaDog Heavy Duty Dog Harness
Designed specifically for medium to large dogs, the Yoga Dog is the best dog harness for pitbulls. It is padded to be comfortable and has reflective stitching. We have expanded on its features below:
- It is wear-resistant, making it highly durable.
- It provides excellent pull resistance. So, if your pitbull pulls hard, this leash will solve the problem!
- The soft padding makes it comfortable and safe. The buckles are also safe, ensuring that your mighty pooch is not hurt or irritated.
- It is weather-proof.
- The leash is ideal not just for training but also for outdoor sport, walking, and vehicle-mounting.
3) PetLove Dog Harness Soft Leash
Amazon’s Choice – This tag says it all and the Pet Love harness has it! You can expect both quality and comfort from this amazing leash for large dogs. Let’s see how it will benefit your pitbull:
- It is made of scratch-resistant material.
- It is a slip-on and no-escape harness.
- It is very easy to use and barely causes any discomfort during the wearing and removal processes.
- The material is reflective, which is a much-needed safety measure because it improves visibility at night.
- The adjustable straps make it very comfortable.
- It is an excellent answer to dogs that pull hard and continuously.
4) Black Rhino – Ultra Soft Neoprene Padded Dog Collar
This dog collar may be for all dog breeds, but it works especially well for large dogs thanks to the fact that it is heavy-duty and highly durable. Let’s look at reasons why must buy it:
- The neoprene padding ensures utmost comfort to the pooch.
- It is light-weight but also very tough. So, resisting pulling will be easy for you even if your pitbull is overly excited or energetic.
- Reflective stitching enables better vision even at night
- It is weather-proof and can withstand those little water shenanigans dogs are usually known to pull.
- Many users say that this is the first collar their pitbulls did not manage to damage or escape from. This itself shows just how reliable it is!
5) Mighty Paw Neoprene Padded Dog Collar
Another collar that’s fiercely competing to be the best training collar for pitbulls comes from Mighty Paw. Super comfortable and durable, many users cannot stop appreciating how good it is. Let’s explore its features:
- The collar has a tough design, build especially for large and athletic dogs that love the outdoors.
- It is weather-proof and withstands pretty much all outdoor conditions.
- It is padded and super safe for the skin.
- The reflective stitching works to increase visibility even in the dark. So, play time can continue even after the sun sets!
- It does not absorb odor.
- All the hard pulling and the urge to just run away will come under control with this one.
6) Leashboss Long Training Leash with Storage Strap
Made out of nylon, these leashes are available in various lengths. Choose whatever you think is suitable! The leash is multipurpose and quite durable. Let’s see what else it offers:
- The width of these leashes is 1 inch while the length can be 15, 20, 30, or 50 feet.
- Even if you buy the longest option, you won’t have to worry about tangling.
- You can use it for training your pitbull, hiking, outdoor play, camping, and even swimming. For recall training, we think you should go for the 50-feet long option. For exploration and just potty training, even a 15-feet leash will do.
- The leash is waterproof.
- The storage strap lets you coil the leash well and store it easily for transportation purposes.
7) Perfect made Dog Leash
The PerfectMade Dog Leash is extra-long and sturdy. You can rest assured that it will be a great buy for your pitbull. Here are some of its features:
- The length of the leash is 33 feet. Your dog can wander far without you having to worry or worse, run behind him!
- It is made with water-resistant nylon.
- The handle loop has leather padding.
- The leash is ideal for walks, training, strolling, teaching, and playing.
- It is not an adjustable leash.
- It is quite at the affordable end, and if you cannot think of a more expensive option, you should definitely choose this one.
Never again will you be worried when you have to train your pitbull! You can use any of these leashes for better control and pull resistance. However, we urge you to pick the best leash for pitbulls based on your other preferences and the age/size of your pooch. All the best!