Do you walk your dog or does your dog walk you?
Our furry little best friends can sometimes turn naughty and try taking the lead from us. Have you ever noticed that they tug at or pull the lead when you are walking them? That’s what we are talking about. This may seem like harmless behavior, but if it becomes a habit, you will face hell during walks. Your dog will pull you in the direction he wants to go and not vice versa. This is why a no-pull harness comes handy.
What is a no Pull Harness?
The name says it all! These harnesses discourage pulling, keeping you and your dog safe. There are many companies out there that sell no pull harnesses, but the Halti dog harness is the most popular choice today. This is because it is safe, comfortable, and of great quality.
How does the Halti Harness Work?
The harness works on a “squeeze mechanism.” When dogs pull on this harness to get their way, the harness squeezes in and tightens. This discourages them from pulling further.
Now, you may ask, “What if it gets too tight? Won’t it suffocate my dog?” The answer is no. It has a sliding cord lock, which stops the tightening after a certain point. From experience, we can tell you, though, that it won’t reach this extent. Most dogs, even stubborn ones, stop pulling way before this stage.
Halti Harness Review
Features of the Halti Harness
Now, let’s learn about the features of the Halti harness to determine why it is so popular.
- It is comfortable and allows free movement. The mesh design on the chest makes it breathable. So, your dog won’t struggle and squirm when you make him/her wear it.
- It comes in 3 sizes – Small, Medium, and Large. The brand provides clear details of each size as well, making it easy for you to pick the right one for your little pooch.
- The harness is padded for added comfort and ease of walking.
- You can adjust the neck size to an extent. It is great that the company realizes that all dogs do not have the same neck size.
- It is easy to wear!
Even the most popular products will have downsides, no matter how great they may be. The Halti harness is no different. The good news, though, is that the downsides are only a few. Let’s take a look:
- Initially, we found that the harness needs to be adjusted every now and then. This can be a hassle. Some people have reported that the harness loosens in a few minutes and needs to be adjusted again.
- The instructions may not be clear to some. We found them confusing in the beginning and had to figure it out ourselves. Thankfully, the process is not hard.
For its price, comfort, and functionality, we think the Halti dog harness is the best choice. It is safe and very comfortable. It also gets the job done easily. What else could you ask for? Go on, buy the Halti no pull harness along with Halti leads and go on happy walks with your pooch-friend!
Meta description: Wondering if you should buy the Halti dog harness? Worried that it might be a bad purchase? Don’t worry, we wrote a detailed review to ease your confusion. Click here.