Nobody likes the unclean and messy collars of the dog. The pooch while playing outside make the mess of their collars. Sometimes the collar gets too dirty that it starts stinking. In that condition, it becomes tough to get near to your dear pet. To get rid of the clutter you have to wash it.
If your dog collar is made up of leather, then you have to follow some guidelines to make it clean. You can’t make use of washing machine and dishwasher for leather dog collars. Let’s discuss the course of action regarding how to wash a dog collar so that you can effortlessly clean leather dog collars.
How to Clean Leather dog collar?
- Warm water and mild soap- In the solution of warm water and mild soap you can dip the leather collar into it and then take it out and remove the excess water. In a circular motion, you can clean the surface of the leather dog collar. Now after cleaning, clear the moisture of the collar with the help of the dry cloth.
- Saddle soap – It is the safe method which will not discolor the dog collar. On the cloth pour the small amount of the saddle soap and then rub it to produce lather. Remove the solvent with the help of the wet towel and then dry the collar.
- Baking soda and water- In hot water mix the spoonful of baking soda. Now in the solution, dip the leather collar and then rub it. Take away the solution by placing the collar under running water. Finally, dry the collar by putting it on the towel. Make sure it should be away from the direct sunlight as the sun rays may harm the leather of the collar.
- Peppermint soap- Use peppermint soap on the leather collar to produce lather. Now make use of soft toothbrush to scrub the collar. In hot water, wash the collar. In the end, dry the color by hanging it in the air or by placing it on the towel. This method will remove the bad smell from the leather collar.
All these methods will assist you regarding how to clean dog collar. You can adopt any one of the techniques so that your dog collar gets clean and hygienic.
Make sure you keep away the leather dog collar away from the direct sunlight as it can crack the leather. It would be great if you don’t use bleach on the leather as it may result in damage. If you follow any technique mentioned above, then it will smoothly remove the dirt from the leather dog collar without spoiling the texture of it.
To extend the life of the dog collar, you can apply the leather conditioner. Let’s move ahead to talk over the benefits of leather conditioner on leather dog collars.
Advantages of Leather Conditioners
- Extends the life of the leather stuff.
- Check cracking and make it more workable.
- The quality leather conditioner will keep the leather dog collar soft. The dog collar will not get too hard and too soft due to it.
- The leather dog collar will look new and shiny by applying leather conditioner on it.
From this informative article, you can conveniently clean the leather dog collars. All the methods are simple and can be tried at home for the collar of your four-legged friend. Try any one of the methods and allow your pooch to enjoy the clean and refreshing stay with the accessory made up of leather.
Make sure that you clean it regularly so you can easily maintain the condition of dog leather collar without any mess.